Lucy's is Hiring Servers
Summary of Responsibilities
Interact with guests to ensure exceptional service. Take orders, serve food and drinks, answer guest questions, ensure guests have an enjoyable experience. Work closely with Bussers and Hosts.
- Serve guests and create fun atmosphere for both guests and other employees.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner
- Arrive at work properly prepared for service.
- Be able to answer any questions about food and drinks.
- Accurately relay guests orders to ensure orders are correct
- Upsell menu items when possible
- Enter order on POS computer system quickly and in proper sequence.
- Ensure order clarity for kitchen
- Attend to guests needs when delivering food and check back with guests
- Observe guests to respond to any additional needs.
- Ensure guests’ expectations have been exceeded.
- Maintain table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing extra napkins if necessary.
- Uphold and maintain high quality customer service and hospitality at all times.
- Keep wait station clean. Set up & take down station according to opening and closing procedures.
- Adhere to company sanitation policies and procedures.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees
- Monitor cleanliness of restrooms and outside perimeter of building.
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked work area
- Empty trash, sweep, mop &/or vacuum the restaurant floor when there is no support (Hostess, bussers) available.
- Must be dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times.
- Operate P.O.S. computer system, make change correctly and make credit card transactions accurately.
- Must be able to deliver plates, food and clear tables, which may require lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Walk or stand most of a shift.
- Professional phone skills.
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and involve manager if necessary
- Able to lift and carry supplies and bus tubs of up to 50 lbs. Up to 20 times per shift.
- Required to carry trays and supplies. Assist in re-stocking & detail cleaning of all aspects of the restaurant.
- Communicate guest needs to other employees including bussers, hostess, and manager.